Friday, May 28, 2010
Hear at Home will be at the Diversity Health Fair!
DIVERSITY HEALTH FAIR 2010
A combination of fun and educational activities, the Diversity Health Fair is a free community event that takes place each Spring. The first Diversity Health Fair took place in 2005 and it has since became the largest event of its kind in Canada. The 2010 Diversity Health Fair will focus on the theme of Healthy Living and Healthy Weight.
When visiting the Diversity Health Fair, you and your family will have access to a great deal of information in different languages about what is and how to adopt a healthy or balanced diet, how to control your weight, and strategies to enjoy daily physical activities. All of these are considered to be the best steps to prevent diabetes and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
ACTIVITIES INCLUDE :
- A VIP opening ceremony for all to enjoy
- Over 50 exhibitors (including Hear at Home)
- Health and dental screenings
- Cooking demonstrations
- Fitness demonstrations
- Live entertainment
- Kid's Activity Area
- Fabulous draw prizes
- and more!
GOALS OF THE FAIR:
- To promote healthy living and initiatives to BC’s diverse communities.
- To support and empower people to make changes in the way they eat and live.
- To provide health organizations with an opportunity to demonstrate to immigrant-serving agencies and the culturally - diverse public the programs they have in place which promote access to their health services.
-Enable Health Organizations and Community Service Agencies to meet one another and establish linkages to inform & promote current and future health care initiatives and needs.
Saturday, May 29. 2010
10:00am - 4:00pm
Croation Cultural Center
3250 Commercial Drive
I hope to see you there!
Hear at Home